Sales Tax registrant

If the co. is sales tax registrant, when the co. receive purchase invoice with sales tax & service tax invoice from supplier, are these double entry correct?

Received purchase invoice with sales tax 
Dr Purchase/ other related account code
Dr Sales tax
Cr Supplier/ Bank

Received purchase invoice with service tax
Dr expenses
Dr Service tax
Cr Supplier/ Bank

Are both type of purchase can claim SST?

Asked on October 9, 2018 2018-10-09 08:27:51 Business (商家)
Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

Your accounting double entry is correct.  There is no claiming of SST except to pay for sales tax or service tax charged and accounted for.  This is unlike GST era where one registrant can claim input tax credit.

Answered on October 10, 2018. 2018-10-10 02:08:27
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.