Tax code for Petrol RON 95 ?

Hi,sorry for asking,Petrol Ron 95 is under relief side right?I call to Kastam ask about Ron 95 tax code,they ask me to put RS code (which is under Relief supply under GST) i have argue with them Why under sales side code,they said is correct,because Ron 95 and diesel are given GST Relief (not under GST Exempt order or GST Zero Rated order), as such the suggested GST tax code is RS.
Some accounting firm suggested open an new tax code account RP…
May i know,refer above,i got 3 tax code which is RS suggested by kastam operator, ZP & RP is from professional accounting firm suggested answer, which is the actual tax code should i follow?any black & white document can i refer?
Thanks for ur sincere answer.TQ

Asked on July 9, 2015 2015-07-09 04:04:43 Business (商家)
Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

You are right, it is quite confusing. But I think always follow what Customs advice will be the correct way.

What can find now, from more reliable source, is this from The 2015 Budget Speech, No 65, statement from PM,

“Further, to ensure the implementation of GST does not burden the rakyat, the Government has agreed that the retail sale of RON95 petrol, diesel and LPG be given relief from the payment of GST. Through this measure, consumers and targeted groups will not have to pay GST on the purchase of RON95 petrol, diesel and LPG.”

So, the statement said retail sale of RON95 should be relief.  Even they do not put into the any perintah or guide, I don’t think Customs dare to disobey PM’s order.

Before they properly gazette RON95 into the perintah, we should consider retail sale of RON95 as a Relief Supply.

So for the output tax code is RS for relief supply ZP for input tax code.

See answer Is there GST for Petrol, Diesel & LPG ? And what’s the tax code ?

Answered on July 9, 2015. 2015-07-09 05:49:54

Hi, this morning i go to kastam verify the petrol ron 95 tax code again,the officer told me ron 95 for passanger car tax code is BL & not RS code..

Im now really confused 2 different answer from kastam officer,can u give me a suggestion?which should i follow & who is the correct 1 actually?
for those BL & RS both also is cannot claim input tax,if put wrong code or no put the tax code can?cos the GST-03 also no ask us to fill up the relief or blocked input tax amount.

Thanks for concern my question.

on July 13, 2015. 2015-07-13 08:07:21

GST for buying passenger car or the expenses on passenger car is block input tax. I think that’s why Kastam told you to use BL

I think in your case, BL and RS are both correct. And you got the point, tax code on this situation is not really matter when you submit GST.

on July 20, 2015. 2015-07-20 13:55:31
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.