Is Handwritten Tax Invoice still valid?
Beginning 1st October 2015, A GST registered person is not allowed to issue any FULL handwritten tax invoices.
For a registered Retailer
- Retailer means a person owned a business in categories below,
- Hardware shop
- Restaurant including coffee shop.
- Mini market, grocery and sundry shop
- Book store.
- Places of entertainment.
- Must use a GST compliant point of sale (POS) system or a GST compliant cash register to issue tax invoices.
For registered person excluding Retailer
- Must use a computer generated tax invoice or pre‐printed tax invoice.
The registered person excluding ‘retailers’ must use a computer generated invoice or pre‐printed invoice which is GST compliant.
MUST read also Can pre-printed invoices be used after 30-9-2015?