How to check the GST reg number / GST status of a company or business ?
1. Go to Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) website from Customs – https://gst.customs.gov.my/TAP/
3. Click on any one option to search either by
- GST No : 12 digit code; usually appears as “GST ID” in customer receipt; e.g. 000947937280 for KFC
- Business Reg No. (BRN) : A string of number & character with no dash ; usually appears under company name; e.g. 26388T
- Business Name : Company name registered with SSM; it might not be the usual name you are calling; Try searching one unique word instead of the long name
4. If you can’t find a company with this or the company status is not “Active”, it means the company has not registered for GST and can’t charge customer with GST
- for Consumer : you can make a GST report to complain if you are charged GST by company that shouldn’t; See Ways to complain
- for Business : If you are a business which has registered but your business is not yet reflected in the system, please contact the nearest Customs GST office to get clarification. You may also contact the GST Processing Centre at the following address and telephone number:
GST Processing Centre
Royal Malaysian Customs Department,
Kompleks Kastam WPKL,
22, Jalan SS 6/3 Kelana Jaya,
47301 Petaling Jaya.
Telephone: 03 7884 0856
Here’s a VIDEO in case if you like it moving