Can i claim the input tax that bought under my company name?

Can i fully claim the input tax for the property(a shop lot) that bought under my company name (***is a shop lot and for rent to other)?

How do i claim the the input tax? And what is the tax code and how to do this entry?

Example: The property is purchase after GST register. The property purchase price is RM 371,000.00 inclusive of 6% GST, and already paid 10% booking fee to the vendor.

Asked on January 13, 2018 2018-01-13 00:08:54 Business (商家)
Add Comment
2 Answer(s)

The tax code is TX-CG.  This tax code refer to purchase with GST incurred at 6% for all capital goods acquired that is claimable regardless the value of the goods. For example, land and buildings, equipment, machinery, vehicles, or others capital goods which the company claims for input tax and capitalize the acquired capital goods as their assets. The GST registrant who claiming the capital goods has to declare the value of this claimed capital goods under field 6a & 6b, and field 16:Total Value of capital goods acquired (excluding GST) of GST-03 return.

Since the value of the asset is over RM100K, you need to do CGA.  You may download from Customs website and refer to the GST Specific Guide on Capital Goods Adjustment for more information.

Answered on January 13, 2018. 2018-01-13 06:29:59

Hi expert, thank you for you answer.

May i know the value of the asset is over RM 100K, need to do CGA is for mixed supplier only or wholly supplier need to do it too?

on January 29, 2018. 2018-01-29 06:24:11
Add Comment

For all GST registered person.

Answered on January 30, 2018. 2018-01-30 00:35:36
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.